Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good things about being pregnant....

Well aside from the obvious! getting a baby yeah!!!!
here are some fun reasons and slightly-weird-good reasons to get pregnant!

  • Eating ice- cream guilt free guzzling of ice cream
  • Sex dreams, wild ones! extremely slightly embarrassingly wild ones
  • napping with no guilt that you have something better to do
  • no need to vacuum anymore - its too heavy to lug downstairs you have to get someone else to do it
  • you don't need to undo buttons/ zips when you pee - just pull your jeans down - everything is elasticated once your pregnant!
  • elastic waisted jeans - now I had an aversion to them but now I've embrace them I love em - no butt cleavage, or digging in your belly when you sit down - comfy elastic!
  • Belly bands - I'm gonna wear these for the rest of my life - you know when your t-shirts just a little too short and your jeans are showing your butt - well the belly band just covers that all up while holding in your muffin top belly too! bonus, ever have that problem - get a belly band!
  • people let you have their chair, whether out or on public transport.
  • Thick hair - who knew it was so good! 
  • the answer to 'do i look fat it this' is for the first time in your life quite happily yes, and its great!
  • foot massages, back massages are standard daily routine once pregnant.
  • Hair feels not as greasy!
  • You don't get as sweaty, but you do get sweaty creases!
  • skin glows - well people tell me it does!
  • people tell you, you look good, even stranger at the pool or grocery store have said ' you look really well' or you look really cute (me cute in my bathing suit - I though I looked like a whale but happily I look cute - a stranger told me so it must be true!).
  • lots of hand holding and looking after by your guy - I can't cross a road or go up or down stairs without a hand to hold - v protective 
  • lots more cuddles and kisses and love from your man, he's just as excited as you are! 
  • Guilt free shopping sprees - for baby its so much fun!
  • A feeling like your doing a great thing for your family! every ones proud of you.

Even though you get such a wonderful thing out of being pregnant, you'll always hear the negative about being pregnant, morning sickness, stretch marks, piles, etc even I on this blog have had a few moans, but for the most part I LOVE being pregnant, don't get me wrong I've been lucky so far and had none of the bad symptoms bar heartburn!

Yeah x

R x

1 comment: