Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy little B

Oh she is a happy little B, fed, changed and not bored or overtired she is happy, happy, happy!
Those first few weeks were hard she didn't like to go to sleep and it seemed like she cried for three straight hours at night! Luckily my parents stayed with us for 6 weeks in the end!
And mum and I would just look at each other, countless times I would say 'what's wrong with her?' there were regular tears, it's hard when your just getting to know this little thing and she's upset and you don't know how to make her better.
Some nights it was almost as if she was watching the clock when it hit 12 she'd fall asleep, once she was literally mid cry the clock turned 12 o'clock and she fell asleep, gone!
I think she just didn't know how to fall asleep, eventually instead of rocking, walking, trying more feed, changing her, I put her in her crib swaddled her and put her dummy in the gripe water then in her mouth - repeated it and she fell asleep.
Thankfully those days are gone and fingers crossed she sleeps well (I'll say it quietly!!!) she has slept well 10 hrs from 6 weeks old!!! Amazing yes! Will it last, I hope and pray!!!
Definitely makes for a happy baby, and even more so a happy mummy!

1 comment: