Wednesday, June 30, 2010

about me....

It's strange but this...shall we say 'journey' that I'm on, oh that's so American, well what I'm going through at the moment has actually made me realise a lot of things about myself that I perhaps didn't know or weren't that obvious to me before....

  • I love colour - let me repeat that I LOVE COLOUR and not soft pastels - bright fun in your face colour, esp reds, yellows.
  • I love anything with stripes on it thin thick, they make me happy. stripes, stripes the more the merrier.
  • I use to love black clothes - now I can barely where black, maybe its the sun out her or the fact its summer but I really struggle with black now (My friend Alison always use to say that she could tell if I was in a  good place by what I was wearing fun colours = good mood/ black = unhappy) so obviously I'm happy. Yeah! 
  • I'm a worrier, oh yeah I thought Steve was the worrier in our relationship, but apparently I'm crack pot! 
  • I love a little research the problem is now I have too much info and don't know what to do with it all! I think I could now be a researcher for a living - I'm THAT good!
  • I HATE stuffed toys, really really hate stuffed toys! OH DEAR ITS A PROBLEM! 
  • I'm a great project manager, seriously if this was my job I would rock it! I mean I am rocking it! Steve says its like a military operation! Well its is shopping what did he think I'd be like! 
  • I don't need anymore clothes and I don't want to shop for me! Well bar the odd bra (which seems to be weekly at the moment as the girls are on a serious take over the world bid! ) my friend gave me 3 boxes of maternity clothes yippee, means I don't have to shop for a very long time, and I don't really want to either, too busy buying for baby! oh and old navy maternity jeans are the best! 
  • I'm become an eco/ organic warrior! we recycle, we have an organic veggie box delivered, and I'm buying a lot my nursery stuff organic/ eco, I've always been a pareben free cosmetic girl but its become extreme - nothing goes into this body that's bad oh except frazzles and I have limited supplies of those as you can't get them in the US, oh and ice cream!
  • Oh and I may be a breastfeeding warrior too though I'll wait to decide and see when I've tried it! I use to hate the thought of it, it freaked me out, now I'm all for it? am I changing? am I turning hippy??? 
  • I need to go on can't cook wont cook - I seriously have lost my mojo on this one, poor Steve comes home from work and says whats for dinner and I say (really enthusiastically) well I thought we could have a BBQ - in other words your cooking!!! oh I need to have a word with myself I mean its not like I don't have all day to do it! poor poor Steve x
  •  I am already a BM - Steves words ( boring Mummy) awhhhh - must try harder! who cares!
Well thats it for home truths

R x

    1 comment:

    1. You will take this shopping and researching for the rest of your life. i do it now for toys, kids classes, schools, bikes you name it, i research it and then shop it.
      -h

      ReplyDelete