Monday, June 14, 2010

Moses Baskets....a decision needs to be made?

So we have made the decision that the baby when it comes will be in with us for the first few weeks/ months and therefore we need a bed - I want the Cot / Crib to be in the baby's room all set up - but wont buy the  mattress until we need it as its another expense.
We will also be travelling in December to Florida to meet up with Steve's parents and then back to the UK to visit my parents and sisters and friends and will probably need a very portable bed for our baby..... here are some of the choices I've seen and liked or semi liked so far....


The Original Style - mmmmm a little boring! - but cheaper, not necessarily Eco friendly or organic - may be full of petrochemical mattress? but cheaper - around $90 plus $40 for the stand

The Modern one - I really like this one it comes with a travel bag and Organic mattress, also can be used to travel with...maybe a good option with our plans to travel to Florida in December and the UK for Christmas? $180 - but $89 for the organic mattress? and I would need an stand?
Edges might get filthy - may not be able to remove the fabric!

Organic seed cradle - not transportable though so maybe ruled out already $329!

Cute stand - could the inner bit be transportable? maybe small - I need to check the size oh and the price ouch $395!

All organic and poss transportable? totally organic - $349
I do like this one esp as it comes all together stand etc - and the fact it's all organic - but expensive!
Do you reckon I could put this as hand luggage on the plane? (not the stand obviously!)


Help this is my baby's first bed and I can't decide which to go with??? come on any practical advice?

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment