Friday, May 21, 2010

My half way tips...

Ok so I'm only half way through and its my first but here are the things that have helped me survive! (sisters this is for you as we'll probably have similar symptoms xxx

Bananas in bed
yup I eat one of these before I even attempt to get up in the morning (which is late for me but for you guys it will be a lifesaver, means you can have a shower before breakfast without feeling ick.

9-12 eatathon
I was sooo hungry between 9 and 12 I just ate and ate and ate, luckily all I wanted was good food and fruit, but be prepared!

apples and pears
crazy I know but as soon as I'm feeling queasy or just plain strange (that happens a lot - you don't feel right but your not sure why)
Eat an apple! I eat at least 1 apple a day now along with other fruit and veg and in the beginning and it was apple and a pear a day, they're great cause they are portable too! no faffing


my water bottle
I carry this around with me everywhere - we're at altitude here in Denver so dehydration is a problem, but - I picked a really nice water bottle I could sip at without having to open constantly (lazy)
I even take it to bed with me to sip through the night, it gets refilled so much and I know I'm getting my required amount of water as another thing if you don't you feel queer too.

body pillow
as soon as I found out I was pregnant I put a pillow between Steve and I, sounds harsh but I felt so protective and Steve moves about a lot at night and also I felt I needed to have something there to lay against to be comfortable and to protect me from the occasional knee or foot (probably playing a game of footy in his sleep!) - now I have one both sides so I can switch sides in the night and not have to move the pillow- poor Steve its a good job we have a huge bed.

baby bel cheese and laughing cow spreads
Protein protein protein - America is obsessed with protein
I have an under active thyroid which was part of the issue with trying to get pregnant - if your having trouble getting pregnant get a thyroid test - I don't know its standard testing in the UK I was never testing in the UK though it was one of the first tests they did in the US.
Protein helps balance my thyroid, and is also really good for me - snacking on these helped me through the day, again easy and portable (well the baby bel is anyway)

elastic hair ties
To link through your button hole and around your button of jeans, I'm still in the same pair of jeans at the moment with the help of these and the belly band below - though its getting tight now getting them over my bum cheeks! boo maternity jeans here I come YUK!

belly bands
these are like boob tubes of elasticated cotton or elastic material that just sit over or under your bump and over the top part of your jeans - I love them and wouldn't have got this far without purchasing maternity jeans without them (which is a plus as I've yet to see a good pair of maternity jeans whether designer or not)

long vest tops
aeropostale do them these are my faves, they have a built in bra thingy which helps with support as you have to wear non wired bras! American eagle and express apparently do long ones too.
I'm so sad I wear a vest everyday though I did even when I wasn't pregnant, must just be my thing!

bio oil, aveeno, and palmers cocoa butter
Hey they all say they keep stretch marks at bay - I'm just not taking any chances I mix it up and use a different one each day! can't say I haven't tried!

mmmm can't think of anything else to add at the moment, I carried a copy of my scan pick around with me so when I was having a worried moment of 'I don't feel pregnant' it reassured me, I also always carry around a coolbag with food in it, whether its cold toast, cheese sandwiches, crackers, apples, or granola bars this has been my lifeline, people expect to see me with it now and question me when I haven't got it!

R x

1 comment:

  1. 3.5 yrs later and i still can not sleep with out a pillow between my legs, lol!
    -h

    ReplyDelete